Interesting problems, curious projects, and fascinating people. Continuously updated.
Better access to information and dissemination of knowledge #
- Andy Matuschak’s Notes are an incredible exploration of evergreen writing and networked knowledge.
- Roam Research is like Workflowy, but with graph support. Makes structured thought easier. This is very cool.
- Readwise sends you a daily email with highlights from everywhere so you can think about them more often.
- Memex is a private full-text browser history search tool with support for annotations, collections, and highlights.
- Notion is a beautiful app for collaboration and writing which pulls in much of the functionality of Airtable and Trello.
- Brave is a browser built to reward creators directly instead of through advertising.
Cleaner energy production, energy efficiency, carbon sequestration #
- AirCare lets you offset your flight in seconds.
- Impact Makers is a great (Slack) community for meeting a diverse crowd of people at the intersection of technology and climate change.
Improved education, re-training #
- Lambda School provides a computer science degree alternative with no-cost up front, and takes a percentage of your earnings. Hello, aligned incentives.
Lowering cost of access to space #
- Launcher is lowering the price of getting small satellites to orbit.
Fixing the internet #
- Sovrin a promising solution to the online identity problem.
- Solid is looking to restructure web application for a more privacy-first user-owned data model.
- Piotr Wozniak is researching spaced repetition, incremental reading, memory, sleep, and a whole lot more.
- Marshall Rosenberg’s Non-Violent Communication is a great framework for thinking about and improving one’s relationships. HN.
- Josiah Zayner is doing some fascinating work around bio-hacking.